The Way I See Things

football, gaming, music, and life rants.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Gaming Future?

Is it just me or is there nothing new and exciting in gaming atm, and very little that looks remotely promising. I have left WoW for the last time, I refuse to re-visit SWG, EQ, FFxi, or DDO. None of them have anything new to offer me, except new time sinks.

Looking to the future I see: Age of Conan, Vanguard, and Warhammer Online. While all show at least some promise, will they offer anything new?
Age of Conan will allow me to play a Barbarian warrior and slash and hack my way through a frozen wasteland ( sounds familiar..wonder if the name Kolm has been taken yet).
Warhammer Online will allow you to control a small army and fight in faction based PVP combat. This is exactly what the table top game was based on and I did spend Many hours with that one ( but no miniatures to paint this time).
Vanguard has had so much information leaked and some of it was said to be false, so I really don't know what to expect from this game.


If I missed any games that show promise or left some info out, please let me know.
I am just trying to get a general consensus from my fellow gamers as to what the future holds ( for how we spend/waste our evenings...) With the snows coming, gotta plan ahead.


Warhamer Online

Age of Conan

Vanguard

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

online Monopoly?

It's harder and harder to get all enthusiastic about a game, isn't it? I don't think we're likely to see the "newness" thrill and wonder we experienced while killing orc shaman on the frozen wastes outside of Halas. I never once had that sense of fun in WOW.

I miss Quake too. We had a neat "clan" there for about 4 years where we played other teams in "deathmatches" and capture-the-flag matches.

The thrill is gone, man.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I did relive that thrill briefly when I went back to EQ on the combine, but you're right, it's not quite the same.
I play a few online browser strategy games, and lots offline strategy games. btw, I enjoyed killing all types of shamans.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home